Sunday, April 22, 2012

An eventful morning

As much as I'm allergic to cute couples and related obscenities,
I can take sweetness from him.

Even when it's overwhelming, and he's(/we're) being ridiculous and lovesick, when it's cheesy as fuck,
well, I mean, it just doesn't seem nearly as cheesy, and is really quite tolerable.
And it's arguably the first time it's been that bad, with us. We're pretty chill, I think, pretty in control. At least, when we're talking to each other.
Me, on this blog, that's a different story. I say everything here that I don't say to him or anyone else. This is where all my excess fluff and other bullshit filters out.

Anyway...
Damn. Just reading what he sent to me make something in me do flips, and I can't tell if it's my mind or my heart or a little of both because it still blows me away that this is him, this is the same little boy I took in in eighth grade, this is Daniel, and he feels this way about me, and he thinks the world of me (despite experiencing pretty much every ridiculous absurd uncensored Mona under the sun), and this is real.

It's just so much more sincere, genuine, from him than anyone else. Like I actually intrigue him, like I'm special.
Like we passed right over that initial, "Oh wow, we're in love, we've been dating for like a day, omg let's get married" stupid barf magic that happens at the beginning of most relationships and dies in a month or so, and went straight into just being a part of each other's lives, and being aware of it, and adjusting to the sudden but not very dramatic change.

I don't know how else to explain it. I guess this is just what it's like when you realize this is how you really feel about someone you've actually been close to for a few years in advance, and not just the couple of months before you start dating. Like, this is what it's like when you start something more--this kind of relationship--with one of your best friends.

It's interesting and exciting and fresh, and comfortable and familiar and safe, all at the same time.

I'm just waiting for June to roll around.

Counting down, counting down, counting down

No comments:

Post a Comment