Wednesday, January 18, 2012

She tried to convince me it wasn't a big deal

She said don't saying anything about it. It's silly, and I'd done nothing wrong.

But I feel like, if you think I did, then in your mind I did, and if I don't do something, it will never be right. It will sit there, and breed, into a prejudice that I can't afford.
You know those 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens? You know the one that says, "Relationships are like bank accounts" and you've gotta make deposits to keep it up? Well, I'm basically all out. Spent. I haven't been myself almost all year, and many of my relationships outside of my family have run dry. I'm a stranger to most, and I know it's all my fault.

If I'm reading way too much into this, ignore it. But if there really is something, please, talk to me.
I can't remember a time when I was mad at you for anything. We both know I'm of short temper and I get annoyed easily--the hypocrite of the world--but you've never done anything I could blame you for. I've done everything wrong, am doing everything wrong, and all you've ever done is encourage me and tell me I am loved.

I'm horrible at consoling others. I'm a terrible communicator. I typically only ever say as much as I want to, or else write it all down; therefore, on the flipside, when it's someone else, I don't ask questions. I let them say as much as they want to un-coerced. If they don't talk, I'll never know.

If you don't talk, I'll never know.

Something was obviously wrong today.

I'm not going to pry, and if you don't say anything, I won't ask.

But please...at least talk.

I don't want the only thing we say to each other to be, "Bye."

No comments:

Post a Comment