Sunday, May 20, 2012

Strawberry Fields, Nothing Is Real



I can't believe this is happening.
I can't remember being so excited for anything in my life.
I went numb, I had no idea how to feel, how to deal with my emotions. My voice was shaky. My words tumbled over themselves on the way to my mouth, and hardly any made it through. I had put the thought away all day, so unprepared was I to face it.
And then he called.

His voice even sounded just a little closer, like he was almost here.
I could imagine him, I could almost feel him next to me.
I'm delusional.

I've had so many things to look forward to.

The cafe was fucking brilliant, best cafe ever. We say that after almost all of them, but this went beyond all others. This was amazing.

God, Robbie is cute. I love him to death and will miss him so much.
And once again, Lauren's endless talents show through in this video.

Ana's recital was amazing. For the first time in the 12 years I've known her, I got to see her really go hard doing what she loves. None of that Golden Girl stuff. I saw her en pointe, and her senior (YOLO!) solo, that crazy modern superhero one, and the grande finale, in which she was the lead. I'm so proud of her, and proud to know her, and be her friend. She is hands down one of the most incredible people I've ever known, body and mind, heart and soul. She's a fascinating and intricate creature, a complex human being. She is beautiful.

Awards tomorrow, and the next day. Baccalaureate, Thursday. Graduation, Saturday, let's go. Party time.
As I've said, I've had so many things to look forward to. I still do.

But this trumps them all.

Waiting just got a hell of a lot harder.
I'm just counting down the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment